Thibault Stephan has been a member of the Toulon Bar since 2015. He is a graduate of the Faculty of Law and Political Science at the University of Aix-en-Provence (Master’s degree in Business Law: Environment, Safety and Quality) and Skema Business School (Master’s degree in Strategic Management of Sustainable Development).
Thibault assists, advises and defends public and private companies, institutions, municipalities, associations and individuals in the following areas:
- Property and construction law (joint ownerships, residential leases, tenant evictions, property sales, easements, neighbourhood disturbance complaints, etc.).
- Planning law and town and country planning (building permit disputes, development permits, preliminary declarations, joint development zones, fire and flood risk prevention, local panning regulations, etc.).
- Public procurement law (disputes concerning the awarding of public contracts, assistance in preparing public and private tender applications, etc.).
Thibault has also acquired solid experience in environmental law and, as such, he regularly assists public and private operators, associations and individuals, whether at the advisory or dispute stage:
- Legal advice on environmental matters: Environmental audits, preparation of development permit and/or building permit applications with regard to environmental constraints (Natura 2000 site, ZNIEFF natural area of ecological interest, water and aquatic environment laws, impact studies, environmental assessments, wetlands, environmental authorisations, etc.) and regulations (local urban planning regulations, building regulations, etc.).
- Environmental law disputes: Disputes concerning facilities classified for environmental protection, marine pollution (oil pollution, dumping at sea, etc.), soil contamination (asbestos, inert waste, hazardous waste, fly-tipping, etc.).
In 2019, Thibault participated in the revision of the Environmental Code of an overseas territory, along with his partner Jean-Luc MAUDUIT, who specialises in environmental law.